Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Strike that, reverse it!

I was reading a blog today about how to wake up and go where the day takes you. I thought I was doing a good thing by scheduling myself to death. I was working hard and fast and finished a crazy amount of work just in time, enjoying social outings and even carving time out to recover. But after a break down yesterday, I don't even think that is the best way to handle life, because my calender seems to fill rather quickly.. I still make big mistakes like getting an important date wrong for a friend's concert I bought tickets to, and by saying yes to one favor which turns into another and another by someone taking advantage of me, which ends up with me driving 15 minutes to the post office in 110 degree heat to send someone something they now have gotten free. So I think I'm going to scrap that and start over. Saying no sometimes means saying yes to myself instead. I'm going to wake up when I am rested, accomplish a reasonable amount of work for the day, and see where the day takes me otherwise, by listening to what I really need.  Like right now, in a closed and darkened office in my pj's, feeling accomplished and just about ready for a swim.

No comments:

Post a Comment